Hello Elio fans, Happy Friday! We had a good week this week and moved ever closer to making the Elio a reality. Before we get to the Elio Championship match-up lets talk tour stops.
The Elio Preview is back at full strength and had great stops in San Antonio and Austin this week. Today the team was in Tucson and had a great turn-out. Here is the schedule for this week:
- Sunday March 30th, 3pm to 6pm, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, Ontario Airport, 222 North Vineyard Avenue; Ontario, California
- Tuesday April 1st, 3pm to 6pm, DoubleTree by Hilton, 2 Civic Plaza; Carson, California
- Then the Preview Tour is heading to West Palm Beach Florida April 11-13 for another Barrett Jackson Auction! We will be there show hours and the location is South Florida Fairgrounds, 9067 Southern Blvd. West Palm Beach, FL
Many have asked about a future schedule. We have put some big events on the schedule and here is a sampling of where we will be this year:
- Earth Day, Dallas Texas, April 26 and 27
- Oshkosh Fly-In, Oshkosh, WI, July 28 through August 3
- Woodward Dream Cruise, Detroit area, August 16
- Texas State Fair, State Fairgrounds, September 26th through October 1
- Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque, NM, October 4-12
This is not every stop, just some of the larger events that we will attend. These stops are subject to change, please check the website under the News tab for any updates as we near the event date.
March Elio Color Madness is down to two! The votes have been tabulated and boy was it close! One of the match-ups were decided by less than 200 votes.. which would cause a recount in Florida. There are no “hanging chads” though and the results are final.
In first game Sour Apple put up a great fight but came up a little short against Licorice. Licorice turned out to be just too popular for the sentimental favorite Sour Apple. “Thank you to all of my supporters” Sour Apple went on to say “you haven’t seen the last of me, I will be a color to contend with for years to come.” The final vote was close but Licorice moves into the final 54-46.
#1 seeded Licorice will meet the upstart and overall #3 Creamsicle after an epic battle in which Creamsicle outlasted Red Hot 51 -49. This match was decided by less than 200 votes and Red Hot is living up to its name. “I am proud of the effort and appreciative of my fans, but am steamed that I don’t get a shot at a title. Look out next year!” Red Hot was quoted as it sped out of the room.
So the final is set… #1 Licorice versus #3 Creamsicle in a one week battle for the championship of Elio March Color Madness! The early Vegas line has Licorice favored by .5%, making this match-up basically a pick ’em! Vote early, not often, and may the best color win!
As always, thank you for your support!