Elio Motors Adds Roush to All-Star Supplier Team
Major League Baseball teams are at spring training throughout Elio Motors’ home base of Arizona this month. As each team goes through its workouts, championship dreams abound.
For some teams, those hopes are bolstered by an off-season signing of a big-name free agent. Sometimes getting that last arm in the bullpen or another power hitter in the lineup can put a team over the top.
Earlier today, Elio Motors made a big free-agent signing of its own, adding Roush as the lead engineering partner. Paul Elio compared it to a baseball team signing a superstar free agent to get them one step closer to a championship.
“Roush is an iconic name in the auto industry with a proven track record of success,” Elio said. “We’ve already assembled a great team of suppliers, but adding Roush’s leadership and expertise is like adding that one all-star pitcher to the starting rotation. It makes us even stronger over the long haul.”
Roush is a global leader in vehicle customization and has a great track record of success in the world of auto racing, having won 31 championships and more than 400 races in drag racing, sports car and stock car racing. With seven championships in NASCAR’s top three divisions, Jack Roush’s Roush Fenway Racing team has established itself as a superstar in the sport. It also has a division that excels in designing and calibrating vehicle chassis for world-class street vehicles.
Roush, which has worked with nearly every major automaker in the world, will help streamline Elio Motors’ vehicle-development process by providing engineering, testing, prototyping and assembly support under one roof. Detroit is still the global capital of the auto industry and Roush sits at its epicenter. The company has a vast array of talent and expertise that will help provide a quieter, smoother vehicle with refined driving characteristics, with the ultimate goal of ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction in commercial production.
The Roush addition continues a successful run of accomplishments for Elio Motors as it gathers momentum moving toward final production.
Here’s a sampling of recent good news:
- In November 2015, the company introduced the P5, its fifth generation prototype, featuring a 0.9 liter, 3-cylinder engine designed by IAV specifically for Elio Motors.
- On Jan. 12, Elio Motors announced it will begin building is E-Series of prototype vehicles for testing and engineering purposes.
- On Jan. 20, the company launched its first national advertising campaign to help create additional awareness and generate more vehicle reservations.
- On Feb. 12, Elio Motors reached 50,000 reservations for a place in line to buy the vehicle.
- On Feb. 19, Elio Motors became the first organization to raise capital using Regulation A+ and then have its shares publicly traded on the OTCQX Best Market (OTCQX:ELIO).
If this was baseball, that’s the equivalent of a successful home stand with sweeps of the Yankees and the Red Sox. Adding Roush to the team will most definitely keep things rolling!