It’s no secret that the Internet has changed the way we shop. Websites like Amazon and eBay allow consumers to find an item they want, order it, and then sit back and wait for the item to arrive on their doorstep. The Internet has also made it easier for consumers to customize these products.
In the past, the only way to get a good idea of how a product looks from all angles was to actually visit a store. Today, many businesses utilize customization tools called configurators, which allow the consumer to customize, and view, a product online in its customized state. Many industries use configurators to showcase their products, from the clothing industry to the automotive industry. Configurators are particularly useful for the automotive industry, as customization is king for vehicles, and configurators allow potential customers to add options and personalize their vehicles.
At Elio Motors, we were very excited to release the plan for our ePlus: My Elio, My Way option program in March. Simply put, the current option programs offered by automakers benefit manufacturers at the expense of consumers. Elio Motors will be very different in the way it offers options. Instead of forcing our customers to purchase expensive option packages, we will make an “option” just that, an actual option. Through ePlus, we will be able to connect our customers with our elite supplier network. Elio Motors customers will be able to choose only the options they want and will not be saddled with a package filled with pricey and unwanted options.
A configurator makes for a perfect tool to highlight our unique option program. Our configurator allows future Elio owners to customize their Elio. Users can change the color and transmission, as well as add options. Keep in mind that this is the first version of the configurator and we will continue to add options in the coming months. Also, the prices are not finalized, but this first version of the configurator gives future Elio owners a great example of how they will customize their Elio and the see different options they will be able to choose from.
Here’s how to get started:
- Go to http://myelio.me/
- Click on “Launch Configurator”
- You will see option categories on the left hand side of the page. These categories include “Color, Transmission, Exterior, Interior, Convenience, and Accessories”
- From there, you can select a specific option which will be added to the vehicle.
- To get more information on a particular option, simply hover your mouse over the information icon next to the option.
- When you are finished, click on “Summary.” You will then see a breakdown of your selections (Remember, the prices are not finalized). Then, you can share your configuration! You can email your personalized Elio to yourself as well as show off your creation on social media.
This version of the configurator is only the first step toward making an “option” an option and we are excited to share it with you. Elio Motors customers are as unique as the vehicle itself and the configurator is a great way to visualize the endless possibilities of the Elio.